Community Guidelines & Terms Acceptance
Thank you for being part of the IFT Connect community. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read these guidelines and IFT Policies. Direct questions to our member services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates IFT policies.
- Respect others. This is a safe place for you and your peers to share, discuss and collaborate. Please focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please remain respectful and professional.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. It’s great to share a product or service you find helpful. However, this is not a platform to sell products or services.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in the community are available for all members and IFT staff to see. Content is subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents to the most appropriate community groups. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Content share in the community stays in the community. Do not copy or screen shot community content to share outside of the community without expressed consent of the content contributor or community manager.
This site is provided as an exclusive service for the members of Institute of Food Technologists. Institute of Food Technologists is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Institute of Food Technologists, IFT members, or any third party.